Does a choker necklace go well with a strapless blouse or a V-necked necklace? This question is a universal styling roadblock that every woman faces at one point. With just a minor difference: either they are facing hurdles with a different neckline or a different necklace!
It doesn't require much to pull off a ‘put together’ outfit, just a good eye about 'what goes with what.' Unfortunately, not everyone has an eye for fashion. (But that's okay, each of us has our expertise!) To help you out, we have come up with this post to help you learn the art of styling a necklace!
7 'Easy-to-achieve' Necklace Styling Tips
- When you have to wear a big statement necklace, choose it to be the focal point of your outfit. One way to achieve this goal is by pairing it with a solid-colored dress or top with simple necklines: strapless, V-neck, off-shoulder, and scoop necks!
- A dainty necklace goes well with an outfit where the neckline is the focal point. For instance, if you have a linen, off-white, V-neck blouse that you wish to wear for a formal party, you can pair it with one of our gold emerald pendant necklaces. Inversely, for fancy necklines featuring cut-outs and lace-paneling, it is advisable to drop the necklace altogether and pick up a statement earring instead.
- You can let the attention fall on the clothes for colorful outfits with bold prints and patterns! It is a good idea to pair such clothing with monochromatic necklaces. It could be anything from a simple gold chain to dainty-little diamonds; it means any jewelry will work that doesn't shift the onlooker's focus from the clothing.
- It is always a good idea to avoid overkill. While layering is a good idea to make the assemblage more interesting, it is also essential to know where to stop! Remember the general rule: don't put two statement pieces together in an outfit. For instance, if you want to wear a chunky necklace, pair it up with stud earrings or wear a simple necklace with a statement ring.
- For dresses and shirts with collars, the styling can get trickier. Nevertheless, there are two ways to get it done. For a classy look, you can choose a statement yet subtle necklace that ends right at the collar and can be worn from under the collar. For a casual look, pick a longer neckline and leave 1 or 2 buttons undone, with the necklace falling right at the center.
- Remember to wear a gold or geometrical necklace with a blazer or a jacket as it looks classier. For instance, a pearl necklace for women with an ivory co-ord and blazer can leave a lasting impression on the onlookers.
- Last but not least, while layering necklaces, remember three basic rules.
One: While using more than two necklaces for layering, always try to go with odd number multiples.
Two: It is alright to layer contrasting styles and metals with different weights and textures.
Three: Layer chains should vary in length.
Necklace Styling With Different Necklines: A Cheat sheet!
Turtleneck with long chains for pendants.
Crew neck with bib or collar.
Scoop neck with shorter pendants and more volume.
Strapless neck with choker necklaces.
Square neck with angular pendants.
Off-shoulder neck with asymmetric necklaces.
Halterneck with slim pendants—like our gold emerald pendant necklace.
V-necks with v-shaped pendants.
Collared neck with short pendant (the pendant should end at your skin; not to fall on the shirt.)
Boat neck with long chains or beads.
Cowl neck with shorter pendant or choker.
Sweetheart neck with curved beads or pendants.
There you have it! Our ultimate necklace styling guide to amp up your fashion game. Explore our website if you love minimalist necklaces to add to your collection. Alongside the design, what makes our jewelry unique is that it is made from recycled metals aligned with our sustainability goal. Pick your favorite piece from our collection today to receive rich jewelry in a super-aesthetic biodegradable package.
Please read our previous blog to learn more about our business and corporate goals.